This was one of the easiest things I did. The heater
was in good shape and I wasn't even sure I was going to do anything at all to it at first. I decided,
though, that it should at least be painted. To do that it needed to be taken apart.
I didn't have anything done to the heater core, although I did run water through it to make sure it
flowed OK and didn't leak. Other than than, I just painted everything with a semi-gloss black and
reassembled it. I did buy new ID plates for on top of the heater case. The old ones were OK but
So far everything seems to be OK. I probably won't be driving it in the winter in extremely cold weather.
We have driven it, though, on cool days and evenings and turning on the heater warms things up nicely.