I decided early on that I didn't want to have the car be a "trailer queen". I wanted to enjoy it and
drive it. The car has won a few awards in some local shows. While that has been very gratifying, the real
fun is in driving it. We've driven it lots of places and many of them have been longer trips.
So far, it's only let us down once and that was to a local club event but it got us home from all the
Here are some of the trips we've taken beyond our home state of Michigan. The miles referenced are not from the
odometer, but are "googled" miles.
- July, 2008 - Seven Springs, PA, for GT-33 with a stop in Springville, NY, to visit relatives on the way. 894 miles
- April, 2009 - Key West, FL, for the annual regional GT with stops in Navarre & Venice, FL, to visit relatives. 4021 miles
- July, 2009 - Hot Springs, AR, for GT-34 with visits to Springfield & St. Louis, MO (visiting more relatives) and driving
parts of old Route 66 on the way home. 2540 miles
- June, 2010 - Springville, NY, to visit with relatives and for a local car show / parade. 584 miles
- July, 2010 - Delevan, WI, for GT-35. We took the long way by taking a ferry across Lake Michigan to get there
and driving through Michigan's Upper Peninsula to get home. 1236 miles
- 2011 - Yet to be determined. We're debating whether to leave the state this year.
As of the beginning of 2011, the car now has just under 15,000 miles on the odometer!